Did you know that small businesses with a marketing strategy outperform their peers by 30%? Yet researchers have discovered that 64% of businesses don’t have a written marketing strategy.
This goes a long way to explaining why less than 5% of businesses hit £1 million turnover, and 0.001% go on to turnover more than £5 million.
Without a marketing strategy and a marketing plan, it’s hard to know what level of budget and resources you will need to achieve your marketing – and business – goals. This is where Denyse Whillier and her Built To Succeed™ team come in.
Denyse is regarded as having one of the sharpest marketing brains in the business coaching and consulting industry. Here are three primary reasons Denyse Whillier stands out in the development of marketing strategy:
- She has more than 25 years of experience developing marketing strategies that deliver results; as a CEO, as a former campaign manager and more recently running her business consultancy.
- Denyse’s background as a CEO means that she can join the dots between your business plan, your higher-level goals and determining the right marketing strategies for your business to deliver tangible results.
- Her track record in campaign management and PR, securing press coverage and being featured in The Guardian, the Telegraph, the London Evening Standard, regional and local newspapers as well as interviews on BBC radio.
Developing Your Marketing Strategy
The process for developing a marketing strategy for your small business can take between 3 days and one month depending on the complexity of your business and your budget. This is a bespoke service, tailored to your needs and resources. The process for developing your marketing strategy includes:
- A deep-dive “discovery” session.
- A review of your business goals.
- An audit of your current marketing activities.
- Competitor analysis
- Industry analysis
- Utilising customer interviews and/ or feedback
The outcome of our deep-dive “discovery” session and review of your current marketing activities is an easy to action marketing plan that is tailored to the specific needs of your business, budget and resources.
Your marketing plan will include:
- A review of your industry, opportunities and threats.
- A review of your current marketing activities, strengths and weaknesses.
- Recommendations on tone, your USP and brand positioning.
- Recommendations on pricing strategy.
- Advice on strategies for improving customer retention and loyalty.
- An easy to use, highly actionable marketing plan including strategies for content marketing and social media if these are relevant strategies for your business.
- Advice on key marketing themes and campaigns for the coming 12 months.
- A detailed plan of activities for the next quarter.
A more in-depth plan could include:
- Feedback from your customers and other relevant stakeholders, including team members.
- Recommendations on how best to resource your marketing plan, on-going marketing management and budget.
- A review of your website and use of social media.
- A detailed marketing plan for the next year.
- Follow-up calls and advice.
Once your marketing plan is complete, you might like to:
- Take up our ‘done for you’ marketing services so that we execute parts of your marketing plan for you.
- Engage us to provide ongoing strategic marketing advice to support the delivery of your business objectives.
To find out more about how our services can help you to create a business that’s Built To Succeed™, book a call with us today and let’s get started!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 2017 FINANCIAL SUCCESS KICKSTARTER
Enter your email to get exclusive access to my FREE financial success kickstarter. This planner and short e-course will give you all the help you need to prepare your 2017 financial plan.